180126 Active Shooter 1
James Neiss/staff photographer
Lewiston, NY - Actors play pretend they are shot as emergency responders storm the building. The Lewiston Police Department, New York State Troopers, Niagara County Sheriff’s Department, Department of Homeland Security, Lewiston Fire Department and other local first responders participated in an Active Shooter Exercise at Lewiston-Porter Middle School.
MEDIA ADVISORY FOR REPORTERS – ACTIVE SHOOTER EXERCISE AT LEWISTON-PORTER CSD
Lewiston-Porter Central School District will be the site of a full-scale active shooter exercise on Friday, January 26th to test how well the school district and local law enforcement respond and recover from a tragic incident. The Middle School at 4061 Creek Road in Youngstown is the site of our drill.
The exercise is for select campus personnel and agencies such as: the Lewiston Police Department, New York State Troopers, Niagara County Sheriff’s Department, Department of Homeland Security, Lewiston Fire Department and other local first responders. Please be advised that anyone nearby the simulation may see a response by a number of law enforcement, fire departments, ambulances and their crews. There will also be staff members who will be simulating various degrees of injuries.
For media wanted to cover the exercise:
· Please arrive at the viewing area by 8:30 a.m.
· Media parking is available at the North Entrance.
· The media viewing area is at the Lewiston-Porter Middle School at 4061 Creek Road in Youngstown.
· Dr. Patricia Grupka, Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services or Mr. Andrew Krazmien, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction or Technology can be reached at (716) 286-7246. They will be at the viewing area to assist in coordinating interviews with school administration and the participating agencies.
· Please be aware that the exercise participants will be available before or after the exercise only.
Paul J. Casseri
Superintendent of Lewiston-Porter Central School District
Public Relations Director
4232 Shelby Basin Road
Medina, NY 14103
(716) 731-6800, ext: 3729